Chances are, if you are just getting into direct sales for the first time, you attended a party or an event, fell in love with the product, and decided to join. While you may only be signing up for the personal discount, it is possible to make this into a profitable business where you can get your product free or you can even end up making a few dollars as well.
For some, they love the product so much that they do not care about anything specific when they join, they just want to join. But if you are someone that needs to do some research and to make sure you are making a good decision, there are some things you want to look into. If you considering changing from another company, then chances are these questions are even more important.
- What kind of commissions do you make on all activities – sales, team, fundraising, website?
- What do you get when you sign up – product, supplies, support?
- How much does a website cost for customers to shop on?
- Can you host parties on your website?
- How much is shipping?
- How do you get paid?
- Where does the product ship from and how long does it take?
- How do you process credit cards?
- Do you have to carry inventory?
- Are there any restrictions on advertising?
- What kinds of costs are involved – catalogues, order forms, supplies?
- How often do new catalogues come out?
- Are there quotas you have to meet on a monthly, quarterly or yearly basis?
- Who pays for the hostess benefits and customer specials?
- What kind of training does the company offer its consultants?
These are just some of the questions you may have about a company you are considering. Some of these may not have any importance to you while there are others I may have missed that are very important to you. Write them down in advance and record the answers you get from any sources you may use. Check the company’s website as it is the most reliable site and then talk to your potential sponsor on things that you could not find an answer for.