Nothing on the books? No fear, here are some things you can do to get your calendar booked up!
– Call past hostesses and customers to see if they are interested in seeing a book. Don’t push the party right away. Some might say right off the bat, you know, I was getting low on X and Y, and you can suggest having a party where they can get it for free.
– Spend some time on advertising – I will be doing some articles on this in the near future.
– Attend trade shows and promote your products. You may get some sales at the event but focus on the benefits of having a party. Network with the other vendors as they may be able to pass contacts your way. I know I have had people ask me if I know someone who sells other types of products.
– Create your FRANK list and see if there are any places you can get a booking from. FRANK – Friends, relatives, acquaintances, neighbours, kids (or people you know through your kids).
– Have your own party and invite everyone you know – Offer incentives at it if they book their own party
– See if you can setup somewhere and show off your wares. I know here, different direct sales companies can setup at the hospitals for an afternoon.
– Make sure everyone around you knows what you sell. You never know when someone will say back to you, “I was just looking for someone who sold that product!”