The best way is to start with a method where you feel comfortable. A few suggestions though:
1) Host your Own Party – Have a party yourself and invite everyone you know. If people already know the product, this is a bit easier to get people to turn out, especially if they like it. Regardless, ask them to come, check out what you are selling, and tell you what they think about it.
2) Ask Someone to Have a Party – Depending on what you are selling, you may be able to get someone to host a party for you. Ask your parents, your friends, someone. This helps you get a comfortable start, but also allows you to start expanding your circle of possible hostesses.
3) Open House – Another great thing you can do is have an open house. It is a come and go event for a few hours and people just drop in, check out the product, and hopefully order. Invite everyone you know and invite them to bring a friend. You might even want to offer a small gift if they bring a friend. Some people give the hostess benefits away (do a draw for different things – purchase, booking, friend, etc).
4) Vendor Events – If you cannot get anyone to host, or do not know anyone, you can try a vendor event. But be warned that these can be hard to use for bookings or sales, and every event is different.
5) Classifieds – As a last resort, you can try the local classifieds. Make sure you adhere to any rules your company may have about advertising.