If you’ve decided you want to get into direct sales but aren’t sure which company you should choose, here are five tips to help you decide.
1. Choose something that interests you. The best salespeople truly believe in the products they are promoting. You will find it much easier to sell products that coincide with your hobbies or interests and you’ll also be more likely to stick with the program long-term.
2. Ensure that you can afford the kit. Some party plans require you to purchase an expensive kit to get started whereas others send free samples or let you pay in installments. Make sure that you won’t be stretching yourself to pay for the startup kit. If you have a small budget, look for a company that is cheap to get started with.
3. Look out for monthly minimums. A lot of direct sales companies have monthly sales quotas. Compare the quotas with what you think you can realistically sell or pay for yourself if you have a bad month.
4. Do some investigating. Check out forums for different multilevel marketing companies or direct sales workers in general to look for trends of satisfaction or unhappiness. See if the majority of posters have had good experiences. Every company has a downside so try to find one with a downside you can live with.
5. Seek help from the Direct Selling Association. They have a code of ethics that all companies must follow so checking their member directory is a great way to find direct sales companies that follow legitimate business practices.