By Michael G. Malaghan
This book is copyrighted in 2005 and in going through it, it is more focused on the person who is a sales representative for a company. As a result, the focus is not on party plan people but there is enough information that it is worth reviewing for the site.
First of all, there are 8 activities that the book is based on:
- Replicate Yourself
I did like that at the end of chapter, there were a list of questions to ask yourself and book recommendations if you wanted to read more on that specific topic.
In going through the book, some of these topics caught my attention as ones that someone in a party plan might be interested in:
- Phone appointments – 11 ideas to increase success rates
- How to find leads as well as how to work with them
- Tips on how to find recruits as well as how to interview them
- Working with new sales reps as well as the veteran reps
- How to set goals using a workshop approach (could work in a conference call or team meeting)
- 12 career wrecking demons and how you can resolve them
- How to be a good manager
- 60 ways to energize your meetings (but don’t use them all at once!)
Again, due to the age of the book some of the ideas presented are no longer as relevant or practical (such as the ones on the Internet) but there are still many tried and true methods in here.
If you are someone who is struggling, this book may be good to pick up and read through to see if there are ideas you can incorporate. Make sure to look at the books recommended as you never know what or where you are going to find the tip that makes you successful.