There are several things that a direct sales consultant wants their customers to know. Here are some examples:
- This is a job for us, not a hobby. We are taking time out of lives to come to your home and present our product, and we expect you to do your part to make the party successful.
- Please do not ignore us. We have been doing these parties for a while so we know what steps to take to ensure that your party is a success. Listen to our suggestions and if you do not agree with us, please ask us the reason behind it. There is likely a good reason due to past experience.
- If the party starts at 7 pm, please stress to your friends to be at your house by 7 pm. It is disrespectful to me by not starting until 7:30 not to mention for those that showed up by 7 pm. If you know people tend to run late, tell them 6:30 or 6:45 so that they arrive on time.
- Not all of us do this full time. For this reason, do not expect us to return your phone call within 2 hours. Please give us the courtesy of 24 hours before you look for another consultant or decide that we are not interested in helping you. If we are at our other job, we likely cannot return your call immediately.
- For me, a good party has to do with how many people buy. This should be true for you as the more that buy, the more free items you get which is likely part of why you invited me.
- Keep food and drinks to a minimum before the party. I do not want to hang around for 3 hours because everyone is too busy eating. I have family and friends that I have left to come do your event; I would like to get home to them.